Golf Injury Treatment and Prevention with Individualized Help from Our Clayton Chiropractor Staff
Golf is a great game. It’s challenging, fun, and only occasionally frustrating, but one thing that makes golf far more frustrating is a painful neck, shoulder, back, elbow, knee, or other joint. At Clayton Chiropractic, Dr. Karel Lloyd and his team are dedicated to helping golf players of all ages and abilities prevent and heal from any golf injury and get back on the fairway feeling better than ever.
Common Types of Golf Injury
Considering how much strain a gold swing puts on your spine, it's not hard to imagine that a golf injury such as a vertebral subluxation, disc bulge, or muscle strain can eventually develop, especially if your form isn't up to par.
It's not just the spine that can be impacted by a golf injury, however. Other injuries we see at our Clayton, NC, chiropractic clinic include:
- Golfer's elbow, also called medial epicondylitis, which causes pain on the inside of the elbow
- Shoulder pain, often due to a rotator cuff tear or strain
- Wrist and hand pain or tingling, often due to carpal tunnel syndrome (compression of a nerve in the wrist)
- Knee pain, often due to knee ligament sprains (from repetitive twisting)
- Heel and foot pain caused by plantar fasciitis (inflammation beneath the foot)
These issues can present with pain, tenderness, stiffness, and swelling. Whether your golf injury is caused by your swing, walking the green, or bending over to pick up your golf ball, the signs and symptoms can become worse over time if you don't seek treatment.
Our Clayton Chiropractor Can Help You Resolve a Golf Injury Using Natural Treatment, Here's How:
There are some beautiful golf courses in North Carolina! Our Clayton chiropractor can help you find relief from your golf injury pain and get back to the game you love. Here are some top treatments and techniques we use:
- Chiropractic adjustments
- Posture analysis re-training
- Corrective exercises that improve core strength and joint stability
- Athletic and fascial movement taping to increase blood flow and provide real-time postural feedback
By implementing these techniques in an individualized plan of care, Dr. Lloyd is able to help your body heal and gain the strength, endurance, and mobility necessary to avoid recurring problems.
Missing the Golf Course Due to an Injury?
If you're frustrated by a golf injury, contact our Clayton chiropractor team at (919) 514-1258. We'd love to help you get back to the sport you love!