Our Clayton Chiropractor Helps Hard-Work North Carolinians Stay Healthy on the Job
According to the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), work-related musculoskeletal injuries account for about 34% of all annual missed work days. Our Clayton chiropractor, Dr. Karel Lloyd, is determined to help make a small dent in that number by helping his hard-working patients recover from and PREVENT common work injuries.
Common Types of Work Injury
An injury on the job can occur whether you have a sedentary career or a physically demanding one. Common ones like carpal tunnel syndrome (median nerve compression in the wrist), tech neck (neck pain due to slouching over a computer or smartphone), and sciatica (sciatic nerve compression in the low back), can pop up due to issues like:
- Excessive time spent sitting
- Poor ergonomics (environmental set up of your workspace, including your desk, computer, and keyboard)
- Impaired core strength, endurance, and coordination
- Improper lifting techniques (e.g., bending with the back, twisting the spine while carrying heavy loads, not using appropriate tools or helping hands)
- Slips, trips, and falls
How Our Chiropractor Can Alleviate Your Pain & Dysfunction Caused by a Work Injury
Nagging aches and pains on the job can impair your productivity and work satisfaction. Seek natural and drug-free help to get relief quickly! Our chiropractor offers a variety of services that can get to the root of your work-related injury while at the same time providing drug-free pain relief:
- Postural screens and lifestyle counseling: Dr. Lloyd can help you understand how you're positioning yourself at work and how you can improve your workspace set-up (ergonomics) so that you can perform your work tasks more efficiently and effectively.
- Chiropractic adjustments (both manual and instrument-assisted) gently realign your spine (key for conditions like tech neck and chronic low back pain) and trigger natural pain relief by releasing innate pain-killers within the body. We provide both spinal and extremity adjustments for conditions affecting the back and limbs.
- Modalities including rock tape can increase local circulation to sore and strained muscles and accelerate tissue healing
- Exercises to improve core strength and endurance, as well as shoulder and hip flexibility, can keep you healthier on and off the clock
Looking for Help Managing Your Recent Work Injury? Call Clayton Chiropractic in Clayton, NC Today!
Do you live near Clayton, Four Oaks, Wendell, Smithfield, Archer Lodge, Garner, McGee Crossroads & Selma? Don't let an injury on the clock keep you from enjoying your work and earning an honest living. Contact us at 919-514-1258 to schedule your initial consultation. Did we mention it's FREE to you as a first-time client? Call us today!